We talk about and share uplifting stories from across the UK, to cheer people up. We’re now also focussing on one location in particular, Bromley in Kent, to identify the active social media users ‘on the street’ – schools and other public bodies, charities, shops, businesses, and others. The idea is that if more people in Bromley are aware of who to connect to locally, they’ll connect more and be aware of what is going on, what to do, and what to see. That will benefit the people who have the social media we’re sharing. Here are some examples of active local social media users we’re sharing, or who we soon will:
- Businesses – Teepol Products, based in Orpington, manufacturers of cleaning products since 1938
- Charities – Bromley Borough Foodbank
- Entertainment – Bromley Youth Music Trust presentations
- Food and drink – the new rather good (we’ve been there a few times) place to eat in Orpington – A.MANO coffee bar and kitchen
- Places of worship – Bromley Reform Synagogue
- Schools – Bishop Justus Church of England School
- Services – Anderson Veterinary, Orpington and other locations
- Shops – Pet Perfection in Green Street Green and Petts Wood
- Social media hubs – Bromley Gossip on Facebook
Where can you read about this?
Our more permanent introduction to what we’re doing in Bromley is here.
Our local ‘on the street’ Bromley page is here.
Our introduction to some of the Bromley social media hubs locally like Orpington Gossip (Facebook, over 37,000 followers) is here.
A number of Bromley events are also appearing on our Calendar, here.